About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The One with Lent (and My Birthday): Week Four

     As suspected, I did not make it to church for week four of Lent. I desperately wanted to count my church time as the few minutes when Louis C.K. commented on churchy things during his opening monologue on SNL, but for Christ's sake, I did not.

     Week four consisted largely of birthday meals and desserts. Edamame, creme brulee, pad Thai, mango sticky rice, turkey burgers, homemade peanut butter hummus, Twinkie cake, and homemade Nutella gelato...Massages, mimosas, Mules basketball, and Maverick's hockey filled the actual day.

     The feasts for the week were scrumptious and the company was delightful. 


     It is difficult to be disciplined in a practice of which you cannot feel or taste the benefits. I can feel the benefits of being disciplined in practicing yoga. I can taste the benefits of a successful baking endeavor. But going to church- I cannot feel or taste those benefits. Yoga can continue, baking can continue, but church disciplines may be discontinued- even through Lent. 



No comments:

Post a Comment