About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Monday, April 21, 2014

The One with Lent: Easter


Weekends are basically what I live for and Easter weekend was no exception because it was an extra day long. The days were spent sitting in the sun, eating delicious food, watching movies, snuggling with my favorite cuddle buddies, coloring with my goddaughter, and... wait for it... going to church.


After an invite from my cousin and his family to join them at church Sunday morning I told myself that I would go if I happened to wake up by 8:00 a.m. My eyes naturally opened at approximately 7:59 a.m., so I took that as a sign of Divine Intervention and got myself out of bed. I arrived to church early, although not early enough to get a good parking spot, and as my best friend drove by I could hear her cackles through the open car windows. 

After parting ways with my friend and her family at the Cry Room I slipped into a pew with my family. I received play by play information throughout songs, prayers, kneelings, and communion. I opted out of receiving a blessing during communion; I figured actually being at church was good enough for the morning. It was nice to be at church on Easter Sunday and to see so many adored faces.


Every morning is Easter morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment