About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The One with the Book List: Never Let Me Go

     My first experience reading The Giver was in 8th grade English and it quickly became my favorite book. With it still being one of my favorites I was excited to see a book paired with it on the list. Never Let Me Go was written in a very conversational way which did not lend many quotes and that was somewhat disappointing. I like for a book to be quotable. It was, however, easy to picture myself near the pond on the Halisham campus or sneaking along the narrow lanes of the seaside town Norfolk. 

     I am finding that it is hard to read these books for what they are and not be so intentional in looking for similarities to the books they are paired with. Although the ideas in Never Let Me Go were thought provoking and it was a neat read, it is not a new favorite. 


2 comments:

  1. I bought "I was told there'd be cake" today! Excited to hop on this reading list with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never Let Me Go is a good movie with a great cast. Maybe check it out!
    Also the Giver is a new movie coming out, the trailer makes it look like it could be good.

    ReplyDelete