About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The one with Del Mar, Day 2


The morning started off much the same as day one. There was a lot of banging and crashing. I found a note on the counter that Emily and Mark had gone on a walk and were out to breakfast. They were nice enough to bring me back a tasty muffin. I ate my muffin outside where the banging and crashing was not quite as deafening.

When there was no more muffin to consume and Emily loaned me a pair of shoes, she and I were off to La Jolla. She had an appointment to attend and I had plans for a walk to the water. I moseyed around a few shops (books, antiques, house wares, and souvenirs) on my way to the water. As I got closer and closer to the water I saw more and more people playing volleyball or playing catch. There was a lot of activity. Once I finally got to the water I snapped a few pictures, took some deep cleansing breaths, checked the time, and decided to head back up and meet Emily.

It was not long into the walk back that my feet started to ache a little. The shoes I had borrowed from Emily were slipping off and rubbing in a strange way. I struggled with them walking on the sidewalk, crossing the street, and standing still. Finally I had made it back to our meeting spot. I sat down, took my shoes off, and peeked at my feet. Yep, blisters. Big ones. One had popped already and was bleeding. The other was just big and painful. I felt like such a baby; I don’t know the last time I had to deal with blisters. I told Emily about the blisters and then we went home. We went home to get a change of shoes and to get Mark for lunch.

We ate lunch at a place called Naked CafĂ© and after we walked around some and bickered about not having a camera. We decided to poke around a few more shops and then it was to the Aquarium. My favorite thing at the Aquarium was the leafy and weedy sea dragons and I can almost guarantee that Emily’s favorite was the birthing video of the sea horses. We watched it a few times and then made Mark watch, too.

Next, we came back home to relax for a short time before beginning our evening fun. Mark used another cleaning agent on the dogs, the floors, the carpets, and well, everything. Emily went for a walk and I sat down to read a book outside but got distracted and played with the dogs instead. I am impressed at how well Remy fetches.

Our evening fun consisted of eating out and going to a Jewish played called ‘My Name is Asher Lev’. It was kind of long, but relatively good. There were a lot of words and expressions that I did not understand, but I was ok with it because when we got back home we got to eat some desserts. Emily had a cookie that tasted like a donut and I had a lemon cookie. Mark had us try some other goodies that I don’t remember the name of, but one had poppy seeds, one had prunes, and one had chocolate chips. I think my favorite of those was the poppy seed.

There were no big mishaps before bed tonight, only a short debate of whether or not Asher Lev was a real person. I am not sure that a decision was ever made. And now it’s dark, quiet, and time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment