About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The One with Milk and Honey


 Last Christmas my cousins and I started a beer exchange. This year we added books. The book I got was Milk and Honey. Although I do not usually read much poetry, this was a nice and quick collection with some definite points to ponder in regards to hurting, loving, breaking, and healing. I will share the following excerpt, in which I see some of my own tendencies…
 
“you treat them like they
have a heart like yours
but not everyone can be as
soft and as tender
you don’t see the
person they are
you see the person
they have the potential to be
you give and give till
they pull everything out of you
and leave you empty.”
-          rupi kaur
 
I look forward to future book exchanges with my cousins. Here's to seeing the potential in people and living with the sweetness that can be found in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment