About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The One With Lent: Week Two

     The second week of Lent was a success in that I actually made it to church. As I got out of my car and walked across the parking lot I literally said aloud to myself, "you're a crazy person." I continued my speed walk pace instead of turning around and made my way to a seat in the familiar sanctuary.
     
     My anxiety lessened and my breath returned once I sat down and scanned the space for recognizable faces, although there were none to be found other than the pastor. I was a young kiddo when I first met the pastor. His daughter and my cool older cousin were once good friends so I grew up thinking I was pretty cool by association. It was that old connection that kept me planted in my seat throughout the service despite how uncomfortable I was feeling.
    
     Knowing how I felt about facing another week of church the following week, I was pleasantly surprised to get an invite in the mail for a Fish Fry at a nearby church for this weekend. Eating fish instead of sitting through a service? Yes, please. Sign me up. It might feel like cheating, but for Lent I only said that I would go to church...

     Peace et Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment