About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The One With Ashes at the Airport

     For Lent I have decided to go to church once a week, so it seemed fitting when I heard the announcement overhead at Midway Airport that there would be an Ash Wednesday service in the chapel. After mom and I made our way through separate security checkpoints we hopped in the elevator and claimed our seats in the interfaith chapel.

     Although the chapel was interfaith the service was Catholic which was evidenced by the missing last bit of the Lord’s Prayer and the Signs of the Cross. We sat and stood a number of times, sang and read through liturgies, and prayed and had our foreheads marked with ashes.

     For some reason I have been uncharacteristically fired up about Lent and this service was one of my favorite parts of my Chicago trip. Church attendance is not easy for me, so it will be interesting to see how the rest of this Lenten season progresses.

     Peace be with you…



No comments:

Post a Comment