About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Monday, August 4, 2014

The One with the Book List: The Magicians


   After fighting against the Harry Potter bandwagon for many years, I gave in and read the series a couple of years ago. As if a spell had been cast, I was then a fan. I was nervous and excited to see a book paired with J.K. Rowling's series and did not immediately add it to my "to read" list. It wasn't until I was ordering a different book online that The Magicians was suggested to me at checkout and I lost self control and added it to my cart for checkout. 

   It took me awhile to read this book. One reason was that I did not  identify with or fall in love with any of the characters.  I also was not entranced with the story or the writing style. Another reason was that I took an extended vacation during this time and did not often find myself wanting to spend my precious days away with my nose in a book when I can just as easily do that at home. 

   The Magicians was a fine read although I doubt I will finish the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment