About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The One with the Book List: I Was Told There'd Be Cake

Ramona Quimby has been a favorite character of mine since I can remember. When I was a kid I used to read the Beverly Cleary books all the time and even checked out Ramona videos from the library. I especially loved the mystery meat video. 

Paired with "Ramona Quimby, Age 8" was a book called "I Was Told There'd be Cake". This book is a compilation of essays written from a real life twenty-something gal whose quirky ways hooked me from the first page, much as Ramona is loved for her quirks.

"I Was Told There'd be Cake" had me laughing out loud, admiring the crass description of feelings, and left me wanting to be real life friends with the author, Sloane Crosley. Sloane and I could chat about our wedding less futures over tarts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment