About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

The One With the Butterfly


The smell of flowers at a funeral home is always so overwhelming. Today as I sat and waited for the eulogizing words of my friend's father, those flowers brought tears to my eyes and heart just like they always have and always will.

During the ceremony and graveside service I was keenly aware of all the young life that surrounded me. On one side of me sat a dear friend with his snoring son in his arms and on the other side sat an old friend with his daughter sprawled lovingly in his lap. That same precious girl later found innocence and love in a butterfly that she captured in her hands after rescuing it from the grass. As shameful as it is, I'll admit that I stepped on Butterfly before getting into the car.

It is the laughter, the love, and the little things that make my life worth it. Worth the pain and heartache. Worth the struggle and tears. So long as I recognize the good times and make the most of them then I'm considering that a miracle.

I was blessed today to see some great love even though it was in the midst of grief. I pray my friend and her family are able to find the coming laughter, love, and little things worthwhile.


1 comment: