About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Thursday, August 22, 2024

The One with Remington Gregory


Yesterday, on what would have been my grandpa's 102nd birthday, we surrounded our freckle-footed Remy for a warm and comfy send off. In the days and moments leading up to yesterday we made sure to fill his days with some of his favorites. A final fire night (he was so cozy he stayed out longer than the rest of us), some of his favorite humans, and lots of snacks including spray whipped cream near the end.



We chose to do in-home euthanasia, and it was the kindest, tenderest, most dignified experience. So much gratitude to the organization Lap of Love for making it so gentle and easy for our little man.

It wouldn't be a trip down Remy Lane without gobs of photos... 16 year's worth. 


















Oh yeah, remember that time we hurt our feet at the same time?


I'll be forever grateful to my cousin for entrusting me with Remy's care all those years ago. He sure changed my life. 

Remy and Dharma - together again.


"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." 
- A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment