About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Thursday, December 1, 2022

The One with November 2022

“Every meal should be a sacrament.”

- Louisa May Alcott, Transcendental Wild Oats

There were many closed mouth smiles (and popsicles) in November. This was to keep my mouth stitches in place and to stay as pain-free as possible after I had a gum graft done. Whew, that was painful and in March I find out just how (hopefully) successful it was. I’ll spare you the photo of the actual stitches.



Speaking of pain- I also got my nose pierced in November. My employer’s dress code policy was updated and soon after a teammate and I went together to get our noses pierced. It has been an adjustment and in a few months another adjustment will come when I switch to a hoop.



One of my favorite local breweries, Cinder Block Brewery, hosted a Cider Fest. Of the 6 ciders in the flight I enjoyed 5 of them, so I call that a win. Plus the company was fun.




I had the opportunity to go to my goddaughter’s choir concert and it was awesome! The high school choir came to perform and to show what is possible in the future. It was a fun night being a godmother.


The pups provided lots of laughs and comfort over the last month.











The pups loved having our Colorado family in town for Thanksgiving. And so did we!


We kicked off Thanksgiving break with a fire night, complete with pup cuddles and eggnog dip.


My Best Favorite and I hosted our parents on Thanksgiving and after lunch had a throwing knives competition. It wouldn’t be a holiday without games around here.


While our Colorado family was here we took them to do many fun and festive things.

Holiday Reflections at Union Station…


Plaza Lighting Ceremony on the Country Club Plaza (my most favorite Thanksgiving tradition)…


A meal at Joe’s BBQ…



And a private tour of the J. Rieger & Co. Distillery, thanks to a friend who works there.


Thanksgiving was a wonderful break and now it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

With one month left in the year here are my book related tallies.

Books Read for the year: 53
Bookstores Visited for the year: 20



Whether it’s BBQ, a Thanksgiving feast, or a pizza on a Tuesday night, may every meal be a sacrament. Here’s to family and food.


No comments:

Post a Comment