About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

The One with November 2021

November started with a belated birthday celebration for our old man pup. He enjoyed a car ride, a walk around the Country Club Plaza, and treats from Three Dog Bakery. 



Forever thankful for fun fire nights and for a best favorite who enjoys chorin’. 



This friend came home and our time together included books, tea, and holiday music. It was magical.


Book tally for the year: 55 
Although I have surpassed my reading goal for the year there are still a few books I have on my list to finish





The pups got in plenty of snuggle and play time. 







My best favorite and I went to Colorado to be with family for the Thanksgiving holiday. We saw Grandma first to kick things off.


We walked a lot, ate a lot, played a lot, and laughed a lot on Thanksgiving day. 







My best favorite and I go to Glenwood Springs every other year and this was our year to go. 


Iron Mountain Hot Springs, as always, was magical and memorable. 



Although Juicy Lucy’s, our favorite restaurant in town, was closed for renovations we still enjoyed a nice dinner at CO Ranch House. 



Walking around town and rummaging through random shops is always an adventure and this one was so festive with all the twinkle lights and holiday decor. We even caught a Christmas show in front of The Hotel Colorado-complete with fireworks. Perfect. 



A friend from ages ago now lives in Glenwood Springs and met us for specialty tacos and drinks! 


To end our Colorado trip we stayed with more family not too far from Colorado Springs. With them we enjoyed fires, food, views, and a drive through Pike National Forest in their mountain machine. I even, accidentally, trapped myself in the bathroom with a hissing cat. Even with the hissing cat our family time ended too quickly. 










I started my next class on the last day of vacation and the views during that time were just the right motivation to keep me wanting to work hard to have a view like this to call my own someday. 


“Drink chamomile tea to calm the spirit. Feed a cold and starve a fever. Read as many books as you can. Always choose courage. Never watch another woman burn. Know that love is the only answer.” - Alice Hoffman, Magic Lessons 


Here’s to mountains, magic, and memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment