About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The One with Mad Monday

Some days just do not unfold as expected. Yesterday was one such day. Each unexpected happening left me feeling mad. Mad at someone. Mad at something. Mad at myself for feeling mad. Mad is not a feeling I usually let myself feel. I usually allow myself to feel it in other, prettier, words. Disappointed. Frustrated. Upset. But yesterday was just a Mad Monday.

Even at the end of the day, as I rested my head on my pillow to search for sleep, my Mad Monday feelings interfered with saying good night to my best favorite. Sleep eventually found me and today I am thankful for a chance to start again. Macklemore's "Glorious" has been my anthem lately and it certainly is today.

. . .
I feel glorious, glorious
Got a change to start again
I was born for this, born for this
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
I feel glorious, glorious
. . .

Here's to feeling glorious and to starting each day anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment