About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The One With Stopping Time

Recently, time stopped for a very special and unique soul. She was a social and fashion forward woman I served through my job. Through honoring her life by telling stories and remembering her joking ways I am reminded to take a deep breath (because I can) and to take in everything I can about the good moments when they come my way. Learning to take advantage of the good times is my way of making it through this crazy life.

There are a lot of moments in my life when I feel time stop, although maybe pause is a better word. These moments are most often the times I spend with my silly family and the times I spend with friends that I choose to call family. I feel incredibly blessed to experience so many of these moments and continue breathing when the next moment comes.

In the last few weeks time has paused when I chat with my best friend and love on her newborn daughter, when I stand at the waterfront and watch my friends attempt to light lanterns, when I dance the night away after witnessing an awesome couple vow their lives to each other, when I cheers to life with Italian Margaritas shared with fun girls, when I am invited to celebrated the birthday of a long time friend, when I go vintage shopping with my parents and my aunts, when I eat crepe, and when I celebrate the marriage of a fun couple at an annual anniversary party.

Time is a weird thing. Sometimes it speeds by and sometimes is passes in slow motion. All in all, there is never enough. It is the moments when time is irrelevant that I know something special is happening and it is those moments that I remember when all else fails. 









No comments:

Post a Comment