About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The one with the 25th Birthday


This year’s birthday blew last year’s out of the water.

Dad won tickets to Oscar Wilde’s “The Importance of Being Ernest” and we decided to use them last night. The play was incredible and so fun. I am really glad I chose to read the play this week before seeing the production.

I awoke earlier than planned this morning when some Springfieldian friends called to say “Happy day”. From there I moved to the couch where I snuggled with Dharma and napped on and off whilst watching Lady and the Tramp. Dharma showed great concern for Lady whenever she howled because she did not want to be alone. It was rather sweet.

Eventually, I got my lazy bottom off the couch and walked up the stairs where I saw my first glimpse of sunshine for the day. I ran a frothy bubble bath and relaxed as Celine serenaded me. By the time I finished getting ready for the day Mom was home and ready to party. After running a couple of errands we ventured to Lee’s Summit where our massage therapist awaited.

Three hours later Mom and I were greasy and relaxed. We hopped in the car and drove home where we hastily put ourselves together for dinner. In between leaving for dinner and arriving at dinner, I got a fun phone call from my precious goddaughter. She sang happy birthday to me!

After not having really eaten anything all day but cookie cake, I arrived at Tosso’s quite hungry and expecting the party to have already started, however, there were few occupied seats and no plates being tossed about. My parents, one my best friends, and I totally had a party at our porch table though, ouzo shots and all.

All in all, the best part of my birthday was hearing from everyone I love -family, friends, teachers, mentors, etc.- all in the same day and being lucky enough to spend it with some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment