About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Monday, October 10, 2011

The one with the perfect opportunity


Today looked much different than it did three years ago, although the colors of the season were much the same. I tried to make it as ordinary a day as possible. 

At some point today I came to the conclusion that just because I’m single does not mean that I am not capable of doing the things that I want to do. I would now like to share how I acted on this conclusion, this epiphany.

I went to a movie by myself. I, of course, loaded up my purse with snacks from home before leaving. I was able to enjoy some circus peanuts and M&M’s while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2. I always talked about wanting to go to a movie by myself, but for various reasons never actually did. What a perfect opportunity today was for me to do it.

For as lonely as I feel sometimes and as often as I yearn for someone to share my daily life with, I like being by myself. I like making my own plans, I like having my own timetable, and I like making my own decisions (as scary as they may be). For now, I enjoy being with myself.

Here’s to the next film I will take myself to see. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment