About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The one with The Help


How can an evening filled with sangria, chocolate chip cookies, jewelry, family, friends, and a movie at the cinema be anything less than wonderful? It cannot.

The film viewed at the cinema was ‘The Help’. It’s about segregation and suffrage, love and hate, making a change and survival. Most of all, it seemed to me, it was about learning- learning to accept, learning to love, learning to grow. I couldn’t help but think during the film about how little I understand about others, really. I cannot understand how people are so incapable of loving, or at least showing love. I cannot understand why people cannot get along.

Maybe I am super optimistic, but I still believe that people are capable of good things. I believe that people are capable of love, genuine love. And not just genuine love, but genuine love that lasts.

Maybe it’s the white wine sangria I drank hours ago, maybe it’s the film, or maybe it’s the anniversary of September 11th, but I am thinking a lot about being agreeable, loving enemies, and learning how to move forward and love again.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment