About Me

My photo
Dreamer. Reader. Traveler.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The one with the ego


I've been watching a lot of Scrubs lately. I particularly enjoy J.D.'s narrations...

"Ego effects everything. Without a healthy dose of it, you can't trust yourself to do what you really want. Of course, with too much ego you can end up losing something you wish you still had. But with the right amount, nothing can get in your way."

I also enjoy Oscar Wilde’s words in The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If the cave-man had known how to laugh, History would have been different."
- Chapter 3

My point? Laugh. Laugh so hard it makes you cry. Laugh so hard it makes you cough. Laugh so hard it makes your abs hurt so you can skip out on the next yoga class. Take the time to laugh. That’s my plan for the next few days while I’m on the road with my Little Baby Bald Eagle.


No comments:

Post a Comment